Dean's locale:

Tin Can Bay, Queensland, Australia

Monday, November 17, 2008

Whose Army?

I had the pleasure of seeing this young and upcoming band on Friday night in Memphis. They played at Ubee's on Highland and HOSED their opening act out the door with a metaphorical fire extinguishing apparatus. An entire set yielded but one cover song - actually a cool blend of two into a medley, but this young group not only played together well, they had an awesome vibe, sounded fantastic in a small venue with a self-controlled PA, and presented material of quality one would expect from a well seasoned song writer. Songs generally hit me first as sound, and as both an electric and acoustic guitarist, my ears were perked by the overall tone of their delivery. Once they had my attention, I started to really listen to what I was hearing. Their lyrics and song structure command respect and with sensitive dynamics, they completely amazed me. If I was 20 years younger, I'd be banging on their door trying for auditions.

Watch out for Whose Army? They're going to kick your seatables.

http://www.myspace.com/whosearmyrocks

http://www.myspace.com/whosearmyrocks

No comments: