Dean's locale:

Tin Can Bay, Queensland, Australia

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Great day!

Good times today, one thing after another. I picked up this very old Harmony lap steel from the post office that I bought during the week. It has the very sought after and expensive Gibson P13 pickup. (I got his complete guitar for $10 more than a solo P13 sold for the next day!)







I seldom enjoy going into the noise at Guitar Center, but it serves a purpose, and today, Mike and I had purpose. I needed to pick up a boom stand for my microphone. Whilst there, a used and abused Epiphone Stratocaster copy was spotted. I pulled out the haggling stick, and we walked away with it for $65 plus tax. It sounds and plays great! I think our friend will adopt this one as his project Strat so it was great to seal the deal.







On the way home I ran over some carpet that had come out of someone's truck... then stopped for a piece. Nice, clean and good size, to serve as a guitar cushion while working on my desk up here.

Added 2/3/08:

Wow, I forgot there was more to yesterday. I stopped in the Hobby shop on the way home too, to pick up a craft knife to shape the styrene I bought for my H44 jack plates. I asked them about larger sheets of the 2mm styrene... and it comes in pieces large enough to make a whole scratch plate as well. So, I ordered in a couple of packs. Things are coming together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it too. And looking at that Epiphone gets my blood pumping again. Forgot just how sexy that girl looked until I saw the photos. You and I will take great care of her and bring her back to life 10 times better than she is now.