Dean's locale:

Tin Can Bay, Queensland, Australia

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Desk!

Very loosely related to my blog theme, but this is about my guitar room. To date, I've done all my work spread between the carpeted area inside the attic window, and the top of a tall, closed, cardboard box as a make-shift table. When walking home from work last week, I saw a pile of rubble on someone's front curb which looked like they were refurbishing a bedroom. I went back later that evening with the car and asked for permission to take some of the wood. I got a couple of sliding wardrobe doors, and a bunch of framework, mostly 1.5" x 1.5".
I find it MUCH easier to pull two notes together than two pieces of wood, so I celebrate my small achievements. It's not pretty, but it's functional. A box of screws, some circ-saw action, and about 2 hours work has me set up nicely now upstairs.
I suspect that Rick Springfield poster was introduced in the early eighties, about the same time as those untouched cob webs! Best to leave well enough alone...

No comments: